Chorizo Sausage & Veggie Egg Bites
January 31 2021
A beautiful morning breakfast that you can enjoy on a busy morning! I recommend these egg bites to all my clients for a quick and delicious breakfast. Make a big batch, freeze them and enjoy them during the work week.
This is an egg-cellent grab and go breakfast and will make weekday mornings a lot easier. If you’re a busy working parent, this will save you a great amount of time the mornings. Set some time aside to prepare this recipe and you will be set for the coming week!
Enjoy these egg bites at any time of day as a snack or a quick lunch! Eggs are a great source of protein and choline, so you can enjoy them daily.
Chorizo sausage and veggie egg bites
- 11 Eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup chorizo sausage diced finely
- 1/2 cup kale chopped
- 1/4 cup tomatoes diced
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup red pepper diced
- 1/4 cup mushrooms diced
- 1/2 cup grated cheese cheddar
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- pinch salt
- pinch ground pepper
- 1 tbsp butter (for greasing muffin tins)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and grease muffin tins with butter.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and milk.
- Mix in sausage, kale, tomatoes, onions, pepper, mushrooms, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- With a 2 oz ladle pour mixture into muffin tins. Bake for 18 min and then broil for 2 min to get a nice golden brown colour.