PLANT BASED PINTO BEAN SOUP
Looking for the best bean soup that’s easy to make and ready in minutes? I have the perfect recipe for you just in time for this winter season!
The key to a hearty & satisfying soup is to include both fibre and protein, in this case, we’re using pinto beans. The combination of fibre and protein in this soup will keep you satiated for hours!
Make a large batch, freeze it and enjoy it 3 weeks from now. Freezer meals are great time savers on busy days.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!
Pinto Bean Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 2 celery stalks diced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 cups chicken broth low sodium or no salt added
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups mushrooms diced
- 3 cups baby potatoes cut in halves
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 can of pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 3 cups kale chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a large saucepan, add oil on med/high heat and sauté onions for 2 min. Add celery and carrots and stir. Cook for 3 min.
- Stir in garlic and tomato paste for 1 min.
- Pour chicken broth and water into saucepan and stir until tomato paste dissolves. Cook on high heat and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to med/high, add potatoes, mushroom, oregano and pepper flakes. Cover with lid and continue to cook for another 10-15 min until potatoes soften.
- Once potatoes have softened, add beans, kale and fresh herbs and cook for 2 min. Season with salt and pepper and adjust seasoning as desired. Serve with a slice of toast and enjoy!
Posted by Tamara Sarkisian