PICKLED RED ONIONS
February 27 2021
Pickled red onions are my favourite condiment, I put them on everything! They add such a nice flavour to salads, tacos, sandwiches and wraps. Sometimes I crave them on their own and will eat them straight from the jar.
I like to make small batches of pickled red onions because you want to make sure it doesn’t spoil. You can keep these refrigerated for approximately one week to a week and a half.
This is a simple and easy recipe which is definitely essential for us busy individuals right. See below!
Pickled Red Onions
- 1 red onion thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 black pepper corns
- In a microwave safe bowl, add vinegar, sugar and salt. Microwave for 30 seconds – 1 minute and stir to dissolve sugar and salt. Transfer liquid to a mason jar.
- For quick pickling, boil water and drizzle over red onions in a colander.
- Add onions and peppercorn to the mason jar filled with liquid. Optional to add other spices.
- Cover with lid and refrigerate for 30 min for best results. Keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.