CREAMY POTATO SALAD
January 28 2021
What to do with leftover roasted potatoes? Many ideas come to mind, but this creamy potato salad makes for the perfect lunch! It’s quick, easy and delicious (my three favourite words when it comes to cooking).
You might ask yourself, is potato salad healthy? YES! Potatoes are an excellent source of potassium and provide you with energy. Here, at Fruitful kitchen, all foods can fit into a healthy lifestyle and we don’t label foods as “good” or “bad”. So stop worrying about potatoes, and enjoy them as you please!
Creamy Potato Salad
- 3 cups diced baby potatoes cooked & cooled
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp dill fresh or dried
- 3-4 dill pickles (with garlic) diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 celery stalk sliced
- 1 cup cooked chicken or tuna optional
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp grainy dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/3 cup olive oil extra virgin
- In a large bowl, combine cooked potato, spinach, onion, dill, pickles, avocado and celery. Optional to add a protein such as cooked leftover chicken or tuna if this is your main meal.
- In a separate small bowl, add garlic, mayo, yogurt, dijon, vinegar, lemon and olive oil. Mix well.
Dress your salad
- Drizzle dressing over potato salad and mix. Season with salt and pepper and serve!