BEEF TACO PASTA
February 1, 2021
This is what you get when you combine your love for pasta and tacos! Might sound strange, but it was absolutely delicious. If you have any picky eaters in your household, this is a must try.
I like adding black beans for a nice chewy texture and for the added benefits, like fibre! We know that a diet rich in fibre is important for a healthy gut and helps to prevents other diseases.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did! Please feel free to substitute or add ingredients as you please. I never make the same recipe twice because I like to use the foods that I have on hand. This prevents food waste and allows for more flexibility and creativity in the kitchen!
Beef Taco Pasta
- 450 g ground beef (or other ground meat)
- 1 onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 cup mushrooms diced
- 2 large tomatoes diced
- 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can black beans rinse and drain
- 3-4 cups shell pasta cooked
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp cilantro
- 1 tbsp yogurt
- chilli flakes (spicy)
- Cook pasta el dente, drain excess water and set aside.
Beef Taco Mix
- In a large pan (preferably a cast iron pan), cook ground beef on med/high heat. Add onions and garlic once the meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in spices with a wooden spoon. Mix in peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes and continue to stir for a 2-3 min. Add tomato sauce and allow to simmer for 7-8 min, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in black beans and cooked pasta. Cover with cheese and broil in the oven for 3-5 min until cheese is fully melted. (If you don't have a cast iron pan, transfer food from pan to an oven proof dish).
- Garnish with toppings listed above (optional).