Street Noodle Soup with shrimp
This street style soup is great for a quick and delicious weeknight meal! You can add other vegetables if preferred and swap the shrimp for another protein as well.
- 2 cups rice noodles soak in warm water to soften and drain
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 7 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger grated
- 2 tbsp miso paste
- 3 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp chilli garlic paste (sambal)
- 2 tsp hoisin sauce
- 600 g frozen shrimp (2 bags at 300 g) thawed and peeled
- 2 1/2 cups napa cabbage shredded
- 2 carrots sliced
- 2 cups broccoli cut up in florets
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1 tbsp kimchi for garnish
- 1 tbsp scallions for garnish
In a large saucepan, add water, chicken broth, garlic, ginger and miso paste and cook on high heat to bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 min.
Add sesame oil, soy sauce, chilli garlic paste, and hoisin sauce. Stir and simmer for 2 min.
Add shrimp and cook for 4-5 min. Stir in remaining vegetables and simmer for another 2-3 min and remove from heat.
In a medium size bowl, add handful of noodles (aprox 1 cup), and pour over soup with shrimp and vegetables over noodles. Season to taste and add spices like chilli flakes or sriracha if you like it spicy.
Garnish with kimchi and scallions and enjoy with a spoon, fork and/or chopsticks!